Implementing FMA Taxation Systems in Alberta
Nov 2, 2017 - Edmonton AB
This workshop presented by the Tulo Centre and the First Nations Tax Commission focuses on implementing First Nation Fiscal Management Act (FMA) taxation systems in Alberta. The following topics will be covered:
- First Nation Taxation and New Fiscal Relationships
- Alberta Taxation Systems in operation
- The Challenges of establishing Alberta tax systems
- Assessment and collection services for Alberta First Nations
- Well drilling taxes in Alberta
- Resource Taxation in Alberta
- Support and Capacity development opportunities
This workshop is designed for First Nations currently taxing or interested in taxing in Alberta. It will be an opportunity to discuss strategies to overcome challenges to implement tax jurisdiction, ensure the new fiscal relationship meets the requirements of Alberta First Nations and learn of new tax jurisdiction opportunities associated with well drilling and resources.
Limited travel assistance available.
For more information or to register, please contact:
250-828-9857 or toll-free 1-855-682-3682