Implementing FMA Taxation Systems in Atlantic Canada
Jan 25th, 2018 - Halifax, NB
This workshop presented by the Tulo Centre and the First Nations Tax Commission focuses on implementing FMA taxation systems in Atlantic Canada. At least the following topics will be covered:
- First Nation Taxation and New Fiscal Relationships
- Atlantic Canada Taxation Systems in Operation
- The Challenges of Establishing Tax Systems
- Assessment Services for Atlantic First Nations
- Utility Taxation in Atlantic Canada
- Resource Taxation in Atlantic Canada
- New Brunswick Sales Taxes and Collecting Property Taxes
- Support and Capacity Development Opportunities
This workshop is designed for First Nations currently taxing or interested in taxing. It will be an opportunity to discuss strategies to overcome challenges to implement tax jurisdiction, ensure the new fiscal relationship meets the requirements of Atlantic First Nations and learn of new tax jurisdiction opportunities related to utilities, resources and sales taxes.
Limited travel assistance available.
For more information or to register, please contact:
250-828-9857 or toll-free 1-855-682-3682