Expanding FMA Tax Systems to Support a Jurisdiction Based Fiscal Relationship
Feb 15th, 2018 - Vancouver, BC
The workshop focuses on expanding FMA tax systems to support a jurisdiction based fiscal relationship. It will discuss how the fiscal relationship impacts the independence of First Nation jurisdictions. Key topics covered include:
- History of First Nation fiscal relationship
- Problems with the current First Nation fiscal relationship
- Proposals to improve the fiscal relationship
- Opportunities to expand First Nation tax jurisdiction
- FMA tax options
- Resource taxes
- Cannabis and Tobacco taxes
- A Jurisdiction Based Fiscal Relationship Proposal
- Requirement and opportunities for a new fiscal relationship
This workshop is designed for First Nations and others interested in expanding their tax jurisdictions and working towards a jurisdiction based fiscal relationship. It may also be of interested to those participating in the AFN and INAC discussions about a new fiscal relationship.
Limited travel assistance available.
For more information or to register, please contact:
250-828-9857 or toll-free 1-855-682-3682