Implementing FMA Taxation Systems in Ontario
Aug 10, 2017 - Toronto ON
This workshop presented by the Tulo Centre and the First Nations Tax Commission focuses on implementing First Nations Fiscal Management Act (FMA) taxation systems in Ontario. The following topics will be covered:
- The History of First Nation Tax Jurisdiction in Ontario
- The Benefits of Implementing First Nation Tax Jurisdiction
- The Challenges associated with First Nation Tax Jurisdiction
- Assessment Services for Ontario First Nations
- Transitioning from fees for service to tax jurisdiction
- Support and Capacity Development opportunities
- Other Taxation Issues – FNGST and Tobacco Tax Jurisdiction
This workshop is designed for First Nations who are interested in establishing tax jurisdictions, have cottages leases on their lands, have commercial leases or casinos, currently charge fees for services or are interested in other opportunities for First Nation tax jurisdiction.
Limited travel assistance available.
For more information or to register, please contact:
250-828-9857 or toll-free 1-855-682-3682